From the CACREP web site at - http://www.cacrep.org/template/index.cfm
The vision and mission of CACREP are:
The vision of CACREP is to provide leadership and to promote excellence in professional preparation through the accreditation of counseling and related educational programs. As an accrediting body, CACREP is committed to the development of standards and procedures that reflect the needs of a dynamic, diverse, and complex society. CACREP is dedicated to
- encouraging and promoting the continuing development and improvement of preparation programs; and
- preparing counseling and related professionals to provide services consistent with the ideal of optimal human development.
CACREP maintains collaborative relationships with other groups that focus on accreditation, licensing, certification, and the professional development of counselors and related practitioners.
The mission of CACREP is to promote the professional competence of counseling and related practitioners through
- the development of preparation standards;
- the encouragement of excellence in program development; and
- the accreditation of professional preparation programs.
To learn more about the CACREP accreditation process, visit http://www.cacrep.org/index.cfm/what-is-accreditation
To learn more about the Guidance and counseling program at Louisiana Tech University, visit http://www.latech.edu/education/psychology/graduate/counseling_and_guidance/