You are undecided about making Louisiana Tech your home academic home; that is perfectly understandable. Making choices about your academic future is a serious, difficult thing, and you are wise to put considerable thought into it. When you are thinking, consider these things about Louisiana Tech University:
- Only university in North Louisiana ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a Tier 1, National University.
- Only university in North Louisiana classified by the Carnegie Foundation RU/H, "High Activity" Research University.
- Ranked as one of the nation’s 25 Most Affordable Colleges (for both in-state and out-of-state students) by Newsweek and The Daily Beast.
- Ranked #21 in the nation for providing its graduates with the best returns on their investments (ROI) in their college educations (AdvisorOne)
- Ranked #17 in nation among “Low Cost Colleges with High Starting Salaries for Graduates” (Affordable Colleges Online)
- Ranked #11 in the nation in list of “25 Most Underrated Colleges in America” from Business Insider
- Ranked in the Top 25 in the nation for graduating students with the least amount of debt, in four of the past five years (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 US News & World Report Best Colleges Lists).
But, do not just take our word for it...
"The Kinesiology Department at Louisiana Tech truly embodies everything that I could have ever wanted out of a degree program. The faculty is stacked with experienced professors and instructors who are passionate about what they do and are willing to do whatever it takes to meet the needs of their students. During my time as an undergrad at Tech, I studied under experts from various sub-disciplines in Kinesiology who genuinely cared about my education then as well as my future beyond earning my degree. I can honestly say that without their guidance and instruction I would never have been blessed with the opportunities that have come my way nor would I be as confident in my abilities as a professional in this field."
-Brandi Decoux, 2012