COLLEGE OF EDUCATION & HUMAN SCIENCES
Office of Professional Education Outreach
Through the Office of Professional Education Outreach, operated through the Science and Technology Education Center (SciTEC), teachers and counselors from partner schools and districts can enroll in a number of courses for professional development and continuing education.
- Louisiana Tech provides tuition scholarships of approximately $800 per teacher per eligible course, so that access to the highest quality instruction is available at an affordable cost.
- Districts or students can be billed for the balance of the tuition.
- Enrolled students must have a teacher’s or counselor’s certification to be eligible for the scholarships.
Tentative Fall 2019 course offerings
- Introduction to Cyber Education and Learning
- Integrating OpenSciEd Materials into a Middle School Science Classroom
- School Law and Policy
- Praxis Preparation
- Introduction to Afterschool and Out of School Time Program Facilitation
- Grant Writing: Securing Resources to Support Programming and Instruction
- Foundations for Teacher Leaders
- Foundations for Mentor Leaders
- Introduction to the Learning Sciences
- Coding and Programming for Teachers
- Importance of Mental Health and Associated Resources in PK-12